The treatment is carried out by gently needling your skin. As soon as the deepest layers of your skin are penetrated by the needles, “micro-wounds” are created.
These wounds trigger your body’s wound healing processes to heal, tricking the skin into making more collagen, leaving skin firmer and smoother.
The most dramatic results will not be visible around four to six weeks after treatment.
All treatments include the use of a fantastic skin boosting serum.
The Benefits of Microneedling
It is thought that microneedling can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimize pore size
- Induce skin tightening
- Stimulate collagen production to help promote rejuvenation
- Trigger elastin production
- Diminish surgical, traumatic, burn or acne scarring
- Improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation (such as age spots and melasma)
- May also improve stretch marks
- Enhances skin texture
The Microneedling procedure sort of ‘stamps’ the skin at a perpendicular angle. Needle lengths vary from 0.25-2.5mm, electronically adjusted to deliver millimetre precision.
- Needles are single use and sterile
- Equipment is DrPen
- Needle choice – 36 pin
- Treatment time 30mins to 1.5hours depending on area covered
- Current brands in clinic are nip + fab and Mesotreat
Hyaluronic acid-based products are used during your Microneedling treatment. This gel-like, water-holding molecule helps keep skin plump and hydrated. Hyaluronic Acid is naturally produced in the body and is something of a skin superhero – it can retain over 1,000 times its weight in water within skin cells.